- Log in to MyUTK.
- Find the “Academic Support” tab and select “Apply To Graduate”.
- Select a curriculum term and click ‘Submit’.
Banner is term driven. For graduation purposes choose either:
- The term you are going to graduate
- The most recent term listed in the drop-down menu
- Select your curriculum and click ‘Continue’.
- If something is not correct on your ‘Current Program’, stop and contact your academic advisor to make any changes or updates.
- If you are applying for two degrees you will need to submit two separate applications for graduation (one for each degree).
- Select your ‘Graduation Date’ and click ‘Continue’.
- This is the date that you anticipate completing all degree requirements and will be the date listed on your official transcript. The date will not always be the same date as your commencement ceremony. For information regarding the commencement ceremonies please visit commencement.utk.edu.
- Select your name for your diploma and click ‘Continue’.
- Verify your diploma name and click ‘Continue’.
- Submit your name exactly as you want it on your diploma. Any changes to your name on this screen are for diploma purposes only.
- Select the mailing address for your diploma and click ‘Continue’.
- Verify your diploma mailing address and click ‘Continue’.
- International addresses are accepted.
- Any incorrect information could cause delays in the delivery of your diploma.
- Verify all information before submitting and click ‘Submit Request’.
Updating Your Diploma Name or Address
If you need to update the name that will be displayed on your diploma or your diploma mailing address after you have submitted your graduation application, please do this as soon as possible in your MyUTK account. From the “Academic Support” menu please select “Diploma Name/Address Update” and make the necessary changes.