- Log in to MyUTK
- Find the “Academic Support” tab and select “Apply To Graduate”
- Select a term
Banner is term driven. For graduation purposes choose either:
- The term you are going to graduate
- The term listed at the top of the dropdown menu
- Click “View Your Profile”
- Verify that everything on your profile is correct
Effective Term Range
- This explains when the curriculum is active. In most cases you want to view your profile where __________ to “The End of Time” is indicated.
- You must be classified as a senior to apply to graduate.
- Current Program (Primary degree)
- Catalog Term
- Major(s), and Concentration(s)
- Secondary (Second degree, this only appears if you are pursuing two or more degrees)
Ignore: Expected Graduation Date and Admit Term. These are not necessary for graduation purposes.
- Return to MyUTK
- Click “Apply to Graduate”
- Select your Curriculum Term
Curriculum Term = Profile Term. This is the same as the term you used to view your profile. This is not your catalog year, nor your graduation date.
- Select your degree program
If you are applying for two degrees you will need to apply to graduate twice. Once for each degree.
- Select your graduation date*
The term in which you want to graduate.The date will be the official date your degree is posted upon completion.*Your specific graduation ceremony may be on a different date than the graduation date listed.*
- Select if you are going to attend the ceremony**
**Your specific college or department may ask you for more information.**
- Select your name for your diploma
Choose a name from Banner, or create a new one. Verify the spelling on the second screen. We will not print any titles or nicknames. Submit your name exactly as you want it on your diploma. A fee may be charged for reprinting if you submit an incorrect name on your application. Any changes to your name on this screen are for diploma purposes only. For an official name change contact the Office of the University Registrar.
- Select the mailing address for your diploma
Choose an address from Banner, or create a new one. Verify the address on the second screen. International addresses are accepted. We cannot mail your diploma to a PO Box. Any incorrect information could cause delays in the delivery of your diploma. Any changes to an existing address are for diploma mailing purposes only. To officially change your address, go to Self Service Banner and use “Update Addresses.”
- Verify all information before submitting
- Submit your graduation application
You may submit only one application per degree, per curriculum term.If you are graduating with two degrees you will need to submit a second graduation application for the second degree. Any changes that need to be made to your graduation application must be done through the graduation office. This includes any changes of major, minor, or concentration.