Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

UT Students Taking Courses at Other Institutions

For Undergraduate Students Only

Current students planning to take courses at another institution and want credit for these courses at UT may complete Course Equivalency Form.

Before you complete the form, please check the Course Equivalency Tables to see how courses transfer to UT from other colleges and universities before submitting a course equivalency form request.

Do not fill out the form if the transfer course is already on equivalency table.

Please limit your requests to one form per student.

Transfer Credit Policies

  • Transfer grades will not affect your UT grade point average. Transfer hours are used to fulfill requirements or show that you passed the course.
  • Transfer credit will be granted for courses in which a grade of D- or better is earned. Many UT programs require a grade of C or higher in certain courses. The student bears the ultimate responsibility for educational planning, selecting courses, meeting program requirements, and adhering to policies and procedures.
  • A minimum of 60 semester hours must be completed at an accredited four-year institution. The last 30 hours must be taken in residence at UT. During the final 30 hours, up to two courses outside of your major may be taken at another institution as long as you have 25 percent of coursework for the degree completed at UT.

How to complete the equivalency form

  • The form can be completed and submitted online.
  • The form can be printed, completed, and sent by mail to a transfer evaluator at 320 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN 37996.


You will receive an email response from our office within 72 hours of submitting the form.

After completing coursework at another institution, please have an official transcript mailed to:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Tennessee
320 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-0230

Send official electronic transcripts to: