Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Transfer Credit: Study Abroad

Students from non-United States colleges or universities should consult the transfer evaluators for transfer eligibility. Students who participate in UT study abroad programs and register for UT courses earn the same graded credit as they would for courses taken on campus. All grades are calculated in the UT grade point average.

Beginning fall semester 2013, students who participate in all other study abroad programs from accredited institutions will earn satisfactory (S) credit for A through D- grades and NC for F grades for completion of comparable coursework. The S/NC grades are not calculated in the UT grade point average, but all hours count toward the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) attempted hours.