The uTrack policy can be found in the 2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog, under the Academic Policies and Procedures section: http://catalog.utk.edu/content.php?catoid=14&navoid=1305#UTrack
Quick Facts About uTrack
- uTrack is like an academic GPS system, guiding students to their destination—a timely graduation.
- Allows students to see which courses they must successfully complete—and when they must complete them—to graduate on time.
- Alerts students if they get off track with their coursework or grades.
- Prompts students to change majors if they don’t get back on track.
When uTrack begins:
- uTrack starts in Fall 2013 with first-time, first-year, full-time, degree-seeking students. Students who begin in Summer 2013 will also be tracked. (Their full-time status will be based on Fall enrollment.)
- Begins tracking transfer students who enroll in the summer or fall of 2015.
- Does NOT apply to students enrolled at UT prior to Summer 2013.
Why we’re implementing uTrack:
- On-time graduation is important to our students, their families, UT, and our state.
- Students who graduate in four years incur less debt, don’t risk losing scholarships with time or credit hour limits.
- Makes the university more efficient in providing classroom instruction.
- State funding requires successful retention and graduation rates.
- Important part of our Top 25 plan.
- Based on academic performance, uTrack helps students select an appropriate major.
- All entering students will have declared a major or exploratory track.
- “College exploratory” = trying to decide among majors in a single college
- “University exploratory” = trying to decide among majors in different colleges
- Students in exploratory tracks must select a major by the end of their fourth tracking semester.
- uTrack will ensure that students are progressing toward a timely graduation.
- Term-by-term plans and milestones for each major are available in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Students will be able to run their uTrack reports 24/7 through MyUTK.
- uTrack takes snapshots of students’ progress in fall and spring semesters to determine whether the student is on- or off-track.
- Students are still encouraged to participate in Study Abroad and Co-op opportunities—they will not be tracked during those semesters.
- uTrack alerts students and advisors when a student is off-track.
- If off-track at the end of one tracking semester, student must meet with their advisor to plan a path to get back on track.
- If off-track for two consecutive tracking semesters, student must meet with an advisor to select a new major.
- Tracking status will be displayed in MyUTK and on the Academic History.
- Advisors will be able to see the student’s full tracking history in Self-Service Banner.
- Mini and summer terms are not tracking semesters, but they provide great opportunities to catch up and get back on track.
Office of the University Registrar
209 Student Services Building - Knoxville, TN 37996-0200
Telephone calls for the Office of the University Registrar are answered by One Stop Express Student Services Center (865-974-1111) located at Hodges Library Ground Floor, 1015 Volunteer Boulevard. To contact University Registrar staff please refer to "Staff Listing"
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, except holidays.