MyUTK Registration FAQs
What is Online Registration?
Online registration is the way to register for classes on the Web. You can register online through MyUTK. Online Registration offers several advantages.
- Add sections directly from the Course Search.
- Add up to five sections at a time using Schedule Builder.
- Print your schedule.
- Before the first day of classes you can cancel your schedule.
- Drop a section by clicking a button.
Is advising required before I register at MyUTK?
Yes, all undergraduate, degree-seeking students must be advised during a designated Fall and Spring semester before registering. Undergraduate students with fewer than 30 hours earned at UT or on Academic Review are required to meet with an advisor during Fall and Spring terms. Make an appointment with your adviser as soon as possible before registration for the new term begins - College Advising Centers. Graduate Students are encouraged, but not required to meet with their academic advisor prior to registering for classes.
Contact This Department
Office of the
209 Student Services Building
What do I need to access MyUTK?
You need your UT Net ID and Password. Click the "IDs and Passwords" link on the left hand menu to read more.
How can I access online registration?
Online Registration is available at MyUTK.
You may use any computer with a Web browser to get there.
- Point your web browser to http://my.utk.edu.
- Select Enter MyUTK.
- Enter your UT Net ID and Password.
If I am having difficulty accessing Online Registration, how do I get help?
- Contact the Registrar's Information Services Desk at (865) 974-2101;
- Come by 209 Student Services Building;
- E-mail us at Registrar@utk.edu;
There is someone available to help Monday through Friday, 7:30 to 5:30 pm, except on the holidays that the University is closed.