An official transcript is a comprehensive record of a student’s completed academic course work, including a summary of undergraduate hours transferred, credit earned by examination and degrees awarded.
Order Online: Secure Electronic Transcripts sent via Email (preferred method)
- Fast, easy, and secure. See Electronic Transfer FAQs.
- Transcript downloading information for Macintosh users can be viewed at this link. We recommend that students view this information before ordering an electronic transcript.
- Available for students who attended after fall semester 1998.
- You must verify with your recipient that they will receive your transcript via email in a secure PDF document.
- The electronic transcript is available to the recipient for 7 downloads for 30 days. If the PDF is not downloaded within 30 days, the download link will expire. Transcripts that are never downloaded are not resent and no refunds will be given.
Order Online: Paper Transcript sent via United States Postal Service
- You may request that your transcript be mailed through USPS.
Order Online: Paper Transcript to be Picked Up in our Office
- You may request a copy of your official transcript to be picked up in our office.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your transcript.
- You may designate in your online order for someone other than yourself to pick up the transcript. Your designee will be asked to provide a photo ID in order to pick up the transcript.
Official transcripts are printed on security paper that contain tests for authenticity. Requested transcripts are sent directly to a third party per the student’s authorization. Any official transcript going directly to the student will be stamped “Issued to Student.”
There is a fee for each official transcript requested.
Academic History Report
The Academic History Report is another version of the transcript and is intended for internal (UT) use only. It is not an official document. It includes information not found on the transcript that is helpful for advising. You may access your academic history if you have an active Net ID and password in MyUTK. We do not mail academic histories.
There is no charge for academic histories.
General Information for Requesting Transcripts
- Official transcripts are $10.00 each.
- Transcripts will not be issued for persons who have a financial hold or unfulfilled obligations to the University.
- Current students and former students with an active netID can login at MyUTK, to order a transcript. The order transcript link will be in the UTK Student Academic Links Box.
- All former students can click here to create a secure account and order a transcript.
- Payment online is by credit card.
- If you are applying to the Graduate School at UT Knoxville, you are not required to submit an official UT transcript to Graduate Admissions. The Graduate School will obtain your UT Knoxville record.